Uploaded assignments

Jump to solution
RokishaWilkins
Community Member

Can my professor tell when I’ve uploaded an assignment? I uploaded an assignment but forgot to press submit. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ron_Bowman
Community Champion

@RokishaWilkins -

On the way you asked your question, I have a feeling you uploaded the file to submit before the due date and now the due date is passed.  You want to know if the instructor can tell when the file was uploaded but not submitted.

Unfortunately, there is no way to see the time when you uploaded a document to an assignment but did not submit and the instructor just sees no submission.  However, you might be in luck if you go and talk to your instructor.  If you go to the assignment with the submission where you uploaded a file but did not submit, the file stills shows being uploaded (there is no time stamp, but there is no way for you to upload the file either).  So you do have proof that you uploaded the file before the assignment due date passed.  The only issue with this submission attempt is that you cannot view the file.  However, you still have a shot in that if you have the file on your computer with a last modification date before the due date and time, the instructor may allow you to send them that file. 

Having the file on a laptop would make the entire procedure a little easier to show to the instructor because you just take the laptop with you when you go to talk with them.

It is really going to depend on the way you approach the instructor and if the instructor is willing to accept the attempt that you made but did not submit.

good luck

Ron

View solution in original post