re-submit assignment

Jump to solution
XiaofengZhao
Community Novice

Hello, 

How can I delete old version assignment that submitted by mistake. I submitted two times but same file name. The current one has -1 after the file name and it won't meet the request from the professor. 

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@XiaofengZhao ...

It is not possible for you to delete submitted assignments.  Your instructor will have all instances of your submitted assignment to look at.  The date and time that you initially submitted the assignment along with any other dates/times you submitted the assignment are all accessible by your instructor.  If you have concerns, I suggest that you reach out to your instructor directly.  Good luck!

How do I get help with Canvas as a student?

View solution in original post

chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @XiaofengZhao,

Unfortunately, assignment submission attempts generally cannot be removed from Canvas.  If you submitted the wrong thing the first time, the resubmission should be okay.  Your teacher will see the latest submission by default when they grade.  If they have some kind of policy around multiple submissions, I would suggest sending them a message letting them know what happened.

Your local Canvas administrator (probably in the IT, eLearning, or Digital Education area of your school) may be able to delete the file submitted, but the submission attempt would still be visible.  As a Canvas admin myself, I can tell you that there has only been one instance where I deleted a submitted file, and that's because it was a virus.  Your school may have different policies though, it's hard for us in the community to know what will happen, so just giving you a potential option.

Hope this helps a bit, even if it's not the answer you were hoping for.

-Chris

View solution in original post