Uploading an HTML Bibliography with Many Links

JordanGarciaNAU
Community Explorer

Good evening!

I had a faculty member approach me with a very interesting question that I can't seem to solve at the moment. He created a bibliography in html with a huge amount of links. These links are supposed to direct readers to pdf files.

Our campus came from Bbl, and the way he described it, all he had to do was upload the files associated with that html bibliography, and Bbl automatically connected those links with their respective pdfs.

In Canvas, when he uploaded this same html file, with the same content uploaded into his files folder, those links were not opening to anything. You'd click on them, and they'd go to a blank page. I know that he could go into the html page and link them with their respective files, but he definitely wants to avoid that route if at all possible because of the amount of links that he has.

Just to note: I know that links are usually associated with a url for instance, such as the location where the file would exist in Canvas, but he said that in his html compiler, he merely references the name of the file, and that was enough for Bbl to link them with its respective file. 

Any insight would be greatly appreciated here!

Labels (1)
0 Likes