Use rubrics after grading

Jump to solution
yuilamwy
Community Novice

Can I enable  "use rubrics for grading" after I have graded all the assignments? Will the content be deleted or changed?  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning, @yuilamwy ...

I tested this out in my own sandbox course.  I made an assignment and attached a rubric (worth 5 points), but I did not select the check-box for "Use this rubric for assignment grading".  Then, I logged in as the Test Student to submit a file to the assignment.  I returned to my own admin/instructor view to grade the assignment via the SpeedGrader.  Although I could still view the rubric via the SpeedGrader (I clicked on the cell to give 5 points), I also manually inputted a score of just 3 points into the points box.  I also provided a short comment below the rubric and the score.  After I did all that, I went back to my assignment, and this time I selected the check-box for "Use this rubric for assignment grading".  When I returned to the SpeedGrader, all of the grading I had done previously was still there.  So, this is a long way of saying, in my testing, no...the content wasn't deleted or changed.  If you want to test this out yourself, you might do something similar to what I just described.  Or, you can also log into your school's Canvas "test" environment.  This is a separate environment from your school's normal "production" environment that you normally log into on a daily basis.  Just be sure to log out of your "test" environment before logging back in to your "production" environment.

I hope this will help a bit.  Please let Community members know if you have any questions.  Thanks!

View solution in original post