Using Outcomes with a Quiz that's on paper

Jump to solution
djohansen
Community Member

I love using the Outcomes feature with Canvas quizzes- but how do I give a quiz on paper and then add the data to the student's Outcomes?

For example, I'm giving a punctuation quiz on paper. I want to note the outcomes for each student on Canvas. How do I do this? 

Also, why can't I link Outcomes to practice quizzes? It seems like Outcomes would be most effective with practice questions than with graded quizzes. 

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution
ProfessorBeyrer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @djohansen. Documenting outcome achievement requires that an outcome be part of a rubric and that rubric be attached to an assignment or quiz. A Canvas assignment does not have to be online -- one of the options for the submission type is "On Paper":

Submission Type: On PaperSubmission Type: On Paper

With this type of assignment that has your rubric (including an outcome) attached to it, you will then be able to document outcome achievement via the SpeedGrader.

Your question about practice quizzes is a good one. There is a place in the Instructure Community to suggest changes to Canvas:  Idea Conversations - Instructure Community

View solution in original post

0 Likes