We need the capability to close or hide an Announcement

Jump to solution
bouzoukiman
Community Member

When we were on Blackboard, I could not only delay an announcement, but I could also enter a close or hide date. I have several announcements that only need to be visible for a couple of weeks, but I don't delete them, because I need to make a quick update/edit & then repost them a year later. If I could enter an "end" date, I wouldn't have to remember to go back in 2 weeks & manually put in a "Delay Posting" date that is far into the future. Right now I have to do that just to hide them from my current students because they are no longer relevant to them, and relevant announcements can get lost in the shuffle.

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning, @bouzoukiman ...

I think you will want to take a look at the following Feature Idea:

Start and End Dates for Announcements

If you feel that this idea is something you would like to see implemented in Canvas, you can give it a star rating as well as leave a comment on the idea letting Instructure know why it would be important to you.  Please give "real world" examples like you have given above...as that will help as Instructure gathers data around this request.

The following Guide also explains more about the star rating system:

How do idea conversations work in the Instructure Community?

I hope this will help a bit...even though it might not be a direct answer to your question.

View solution in original post

0 Likes