When I try to drag and drop a Discussion to reorder the sequence it doesnt work.

Jump to solution
sue_simeson
Community Member

I want to reorder my discussions BUT when I click on the discussion to drag it up, it doesnt 'stick' where I want it

0 Likes
2 Solutions
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @sue_simeson,

If you want to put your discussions in a specific order on the Discussions index page, that's what the Pinned Discussion area would be for.  You can drag your discussions up to that area and put the in the order you want them to appear for all course users.  In the Regular Discussions area (the middle section), the discussions will be automatically be reordered according to which one has the latest post/reply.  The  How do I use the Discussions Index Page? - Instructure Community - 886  guide covers this information in more detail if you're interested.

Hope this helps!

-Chris

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning, @sue_simeson ...

In addition to what @chriscas shared, I wanted to also provide you with a link to this Guide...which also gives detail on pinned discussions.  Also, take a look at the second paragraph in the light blue box at the top of this Guide ... as it discussed moving discussion topics.

How do I pin a discussion in a course?

Hope this helps as well!

View solution in original post

0 Likes