When invited to a course as a student, when attempting to accept the invite nothing happens after hitting the accept button.

Jump to solution
StephenShuler
Community Member

When my team and I attempt to accept an invite to a course as a student role the page does a refresh, but the prompt for the invitation is present and my status in the course is still pending. 

I have tried refreshing the page and attempted to accept the invite, but no actions were completed. However, if I decline the invite, the prompt for invitation will go away as I actually did decline the invite. 

Here is a screencast of my experience: https://www.screencast.com/t/VWau3311X7

Labels (1)
Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.
0 Likes
1 Solution
NoahBoswell
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hey, @StephenShuler ...

Thanks for sharing your screencast with us! 
Something I will mention that I noticed is that the course you are trying to send invites from is unpublished. That being said, anyone that has a student role does not have permission or access to join that course when the course is unpublished, and you will have to publish the course first before they are able to accept their invites.

If this issue persists after the course is published, I recommend checking the 'People' tab of the course, and ensuring that the user you invited is on the enrollments list. If they haven't accepted the invitation, or if they did but it still says "Pending" next to their name, completely remove their enrollment from the course and re-invite them and see if that will work for you.

Hope this helps point you in the right direction, please feel free to reach out with anymore questions! We'd be happy to help!
- Noah

View solution in original post