Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

When creating an assignment I don't always want to assign it to everyone, but I also don't want to have to type in every students name. My classes are large;30 students. I may want to assign to all but one or two students. Is there a way I can do thi...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to transfer in content from itsLearning to Canvas? I am an educator moving from itsLearning to Canvas and would like to save as much of my course content as possible.

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am a TA in a course and have created rubrics for course assignments. However, the TA for the other section of the course can not see/use the rubrics I've created. How do you publish a rubric to the course for future use? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I hope someone has some answers for a niche issue in our institution.A student that is part of a 5 person group does not see the group submission on a recent assignment. The submission has been graded with teacher feedback through annotations, but as...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My students write reflections monthly in a discussion thread.  Then other students within the class comment on each reflection.  I want an easy way to print the entire discussion board.   How do I do this?  Thanks. 

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

All my students use canvas through the Lenovo tablet (Android OS) they receive from the school to attend the online classes, we've been doing this for over 3 years now and never had a problem... but since December for some students, big blue button i...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

As yet, no response from ICT; Please advise  - completed lots of training on WEA hub using non-WEA e-mail address and created password to sign in. Still only recognising this non-WEA credentials when attempt to access wea.instructer.com. How is it ch...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a teacher who wants to create a curriculum in the built-in editor in Canvas, but she's told that the curriculum is too long and that she can't save and publish it.She can see that there are 1552 words in the curriculum.Can you somehow change h...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is there an option to do this? I'd like to automate sending messages after a predetermined time (probably a day after) to students/parents who haven't turned in assignments. I understand it's possible to send messages to students who haven't turned a...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I make CANVAS link with the Quizizz.com assignments  I give my students, so that it automatically pulls up the grade they get in Quizizz.com and transfer it to CANVAS.  I cannot use the external link because I do not find Quizizz.c om in the ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello, I have a domain in AWS. How can I make a canvas subdomain for my domain? e.g., canvas.<mydomain>.com

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Sir/Madam,I was unable to create assignment in the learner lab. I couldnt find the 'Group' button to create assignment group and 'Assignment' button to enter the assignment details.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For some reason adding a lock to Canvas Module does not show up at the end of the module. Apparently, there is a problem with being able to lock the modules on Canvas for a later date. Any ideas why?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you find SIS # for a student? 

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have left one message to one of my students, but I could not find it from canvas system. I wonder where I can find the message history between me and students? Thanks. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dear All,What I am going to discuss is driving me insane (my psychiatrist told me to tell Canvas "Thank you.") because the behavior of Canvas in this situation completely flies in the face of rational logical behavior.Here is the situation. I have as...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

How can I view a past assignment I submitted and that was graded for a class I had to withdrawl from due to health issues?  Im now retaking the course and can not access and assignment I already completed.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have access to one of my two kids report cards. I see how i can ask the missing child to create a pairing code but how do i add my other child with out them knowing I have access?

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I see some related content on here about discussion forum being inadequate, but I don't see anyone trying out the phpBB which is an open source forum platform/software. It seems like all we need to do is make a module, create a page and then host the...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

i am new to canvas and online learning. the course work for my class is in pdf form. our quizzes are open "book". How do i use canvas to search for my key words in order to answer the questions? thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am unable to login into canvas on my desktop but am able to on my laptop, phone, and iPad. I have downloaded my different browsers, cleared my cache and even restored my computer. None of these have allowed me to fix the problem. When running windo...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,How can I view the work my child has submitted? I can see the assignment and its instructions, then the grade for the assignment, but not the work or final assignment as turned in by my child. This is really limiting my ability to understand wh...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a canvas admin and need to know if there is a way to have two separate attendance roll calls in one course.For context: I have faculty that have cross-listed two or three sections of a course into one. One of the sections meets twice a week (the...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We have students from different regions. Currently, the default Time zone of our accounts is UTC, It is causing a lot of confusion among participants.  1. I Would like to check the possibility of setting the time zone for participants while user crea...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When creating a Google LTI assignment --When you limit the number of assignment attempts, are submission attempts actually limited when using a third party application like Google LTI or is it just for Canvas assignments? 

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My +people button is inactive and I have no idea why.  Any suggestions?  I need to share the content with another teacher but it won't let me add them to it

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Have there been any attempts to modify the "Headings" in the Gradebook so that those of us with many assignments may keep the assignment name visible while making the overall width of the Column narrow?    Also, if I manually shrink the column width,...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Site Admin here. Trying to generate a full course log of all activity by any/all users. When I access admin tools > logging and enter the course id the records listed are incredibly incomplete. In fact they only list activity for two of the six users...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies