Where should I ask this?

Jump to solution
DeeUmper
Community Explorer

I'm new. I have no idea where to post the following questions that I have.  1. What are the Pros and Cons of students being able to edit their Discussion posts and replies?  2. Is there an option to create time-limited edits? For example, "You will be able to edit this post/reply only for the next 10 minutes."

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
JeffCampbell
Community Contributor

Student editing of replies:

ProsCons

- A chance to fix mistakes

- Adjust their answer based on new knowledge

- Can change answers based on other student's responses - is it truly their answer or someone else's?

- Can put rude/negative/bullying statements in their posts, then erase it before you see it (or before you can screenshot to back it up).

As for time limited edits, I am not aware of a way to implement this. You can turn off the ability to edit replies in the Settings accessed from the main Discussion page. On a given discussion, you can lock/unlock the thread for comments. And you can set an "available from" and "until" date/time when editing the discussion to limit the window they have to do any entries at all. These would be alternatives that could be used to help open the discussion for a limited amount of time then close it again.

View solution in original post

DeeUmper
Community Explorer
0 Likes