Where to locate instructor's canvas email

Jump to solution
RajanbirSingh
Community Member

Hello Canvas, My instructor requested me to her via Canvas but I can't locate the email. Where is the instructor's canvas email found kindly?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@RajanbirSingh ...

E-mail addresses within Canvas aren't typically displayed anywhere...unless your instructor chooses to list it as part of an announcement or another content page in your course.  However, you should be able to use the Canvas Inbox feature (which is not the same as regular e-mail) to send a message to your instructor, and your instructor will then receive it also via the Canvas Inbox.  In addition, your instructor may also have his/her notifications set up so that messages received via the Canvas Inbox also have a notification sent to his/her e-mail address.  There are two main ways you can contact your instructor.  The first is via the Inbox:

Inbox Overview (All Users)

Or, you can contact your instructor using the "Help" menu within Canvas:

How do I get help with Canvas as a student?

Your instructor may have a preferred way for you to contact him/her, so you'd want to make sure you are contacting him/her via that method.  But, hopefully these general guidelines will be enough to get you started.

Let Community members know if you have any questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post