Why are Canvas bookmarks redirecting me to "www.pcsb.org/Page/34803"?

Jump to solution
CheckKatz
Community Member

I have bookmarks of my classes such as 2nd period, 3rd, etc. so when I use it, l can quickly go to the assignment for my 2nd-period class, modules. Now since last week or at least this week, it starts redirecting me to PCSB. I didn't worry about it because I think I signed out of Canvas, so I understood. When I was redirected to PCSB, I clicked "Student Account Login" the first option then it opens a new tab asking me for my PCSB account details and I do so, then it brings me to the actual page that I bookmarked. I click the same bookmark (2nd period) again to see if it will redirect me back to PCSB but it didn't, it went to the actual page that I wanted, but when I went to my 3rd Period and clicked the bookmark, it did the same thing and for all the other bookmarked classes as well (excluding 2nd period). After I put my PCSB details for all the bookmarks, I start to click them again like I did last time, and now it redirects me to the actual period(s) that I bookmark. The next day, I click my bookmark and now I have to do everything again but all of yesterday it worked, guess it resets every day. This really annoying for me, as I use bookmarks and shortcuts very often for school. Hopefully someone can help me out.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Steven_S
Community Champion

If you are talking about browser bookmarks and shortcuts, in my experience canvas will require you to log in each time you click the bookmark, even if you are already logged in through another window of the same browser.  To make shortcuts to access each of your courses, it is easiest to use the canvas dashboard as the page you log into when you sign in.  You can control which courses show up on the dashboard and courses menu by setting your favorites.  To set favorites, go to courses on the left side menu, select all courses at the bottom of the list, and then on the page that opens click the star next to each current or future course that you want a shortcut to.  Then next time you click the courses button, your menu will have a list of those starred courses.  It is a slightly different form of bookmark, but you should only need to log in once to use it.

View solution in original post