With unlimited attempts scheduled, can student retake quiz without me reopening it for him?

Jump to solution
PetraHeinz
Community Novice

I have 4 quiz "Modules" in an Orientation course shell. A student has to retake just one of the 4 quizzes. I check marked  "Allow multiple attempts". Do I have to reopen the quiz for him in the module or can he just retake the one quiz?

It is important that all other students can still access/complete the quiz. So, when I added the student's name in "Assign to" in the quiz module, the other students' names disappeared. I edit that back to the original "everyone" because I was afraid that they can't take the quiz anymore.

Can I tell the student that he's able to retake the quiz because "Allow multiple attempts " is check marked? - Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
greydon
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @PetraHeinz 

Thank you for contacting the Canvas Community. We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with unlimited quiz attempts. It sounds like so  far, you're doing  it correctly. If you mark it "unlimited attempts" it will do  just  that. You need  to make  sure the assign to box "until" date isn't set or  far in the future  as that will block them from completing it. Additionally, you  can use multiple assign to boxes to single out other  dates from the rest of the class. Click the + assign to button at the bottom and single out any students. This will make the "everyone" box  read  "everyone else" and the quiz will still be assigned  to all  with  different due and accessibility dates. Hopefully this help! 

View solution in original post

0 Likes