Word Count Limits - Minimum and Maximum

Jump to solution
jwillin
Community Contributor

Hi,

The 'Set Word Limit' option suggests to me that the tool would enforce word limits and not let a student submit a question that contained more or fewer words than required. That does not appear to be what it does though. It just displays the min/max, it doesn't enforce or alert you if your answer is not within the range.

Is that the way it's supposed to work? Are there plans for the tool to eventually enforce the limits or pop up an alert if your answer is outside the limits? It seems odd to me that there would be a dedicated setting option for info that could just as easily be included in the question stem.

Thank you,

John Willingham

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
HeatherAhern
Community Team
Community Team

@jwillin Thank you for reaching out to the community for support! I apologize for the delay in our response for you.

I looked into this setting for you and it is working as intended. The "Set word limit" is more of a word counter than a way to restrict them from submitting if they do not meet the requirements. Therefore, they will not get any kind of notification and will still be able to submit even if they do not meet the word limit requirements. I hope this is helpful!

View solution in original post