Work-around for Using Rubric for Resubmissions?

Jump to solution
tengrrl
Community Participant

Howdy,

Is there any work-around for saving rubric comments from a first draft when updating the rubric for a second draft/resubmission?

I'm thinking of situations where the only ones resubmitting are those who didn't meet the goals the first time. So separate assignments for first and second draft wouldn't work—every student will not need to complete that second draft, and some students may need third or fourth drafts (I'm a writing teacher).

The only thing I can come up with is to screenshot the rubric as filled out and add it as an attachment in the comments. After that, blank out the rubric for the second draft comments. That creates extra work and the need for OCR/a transcript for the image. Possibly very ugly, odd screenshots because of the column width limitations in the rubric as well.

Anyone have a better idea?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
igustafson
Instructure
Instructure

@tengrrl Currently we do not have a way to use the past rubric comments to grade but you might check here https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Idea-Conversations/idb-p/ideas to see if anyone else has asked about this. 

View solution in original post