Working emails

Jump to solution
Cfurt6345
Community Member

Is it possible to have two different emails for one course. Say if my canvas email is linked to a different email than my teams account.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning, @Cfurt6345 ...

E-mail addresses are not linked to courses. Rather, e-mail addresses are part of your entire user account within your school's Canvas environment. By default, you must have an e-mail address associated with your Canvas account. This may be an assigned student/staff e-mail address from your school (depending on your role at your school), or this may be a personal e-mail address if you are a student. Canvas does allow you to add more than one e-mail address to your Canvas account, and you can read more about how to do that using these Guides:

Note, the student/instructor Guides are almost identical for each of these four sets of Guides I've provided to you. I just wasn't sure which role you were, so I'm providing links for both.

So, once you add an additional e-mail address to your Canvas account, you can configure how you want to be notified using that e-mail address. You can set things up to be notified for all courses or just for individual courses.

I hope this will help explain things a bit. Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes