batch edit or delete discussion posts?

Jump to solution
rebelprof
Community Member

Is there a way to delete more than one discussion post at a time (or like 15)?

In fact, are there ways to batch process any of the assignments, pages, discussion threads? Clicking 3-4 times per item on the course is a recipe for repetitive stress injuries! (and frustratingly slow)

0 Likes
2 Solutions
Hildi_Pardo
Community Champion

Hi @rebelprof -- do you mean like if you have a new course and have a bunch of assignments you want to delete - to clean up the course?  Unfortunately I don't think there is a way to do it, like clicking a bunch of checkboxes and then deleting.

But one work around (which may or may not be more efficient), is to create an Assignment Group and call it something like "Delete These" and move all those assignments to that Assignment Group -- then you can delete the entire Assignment Group, and all the assignments contained within.  

I feel like this has been suggested before, but I can't seem to find the Idea in the Community.  You can suggest this idea here:  https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Ideas/idb-p/canvas-ideas

View solution in original post

@rebelprof  I wonder if you are making efficient use of the "import content" function. When you import content, you have a few choices to make.

First, you can import "selected" content or "all content." I would recommend that you choose the former option. You can choose which items to import. That might save you a lot of time. 

Second, make sure that you "remove" the dates when you import content from the old course into the new course shell. Then you can easily set up dates in the new course shell by clicking on "Assignments" in the course navigation bar. Then click on the three dots in the upper righthand corner. From their select "Edit Assignment Dates." 

Lastly, keep the content in your course "evergreen" by not adding specific dates to the titles or within the content. For example, label your modules "Week 1, Week 2,......" You can write "This assignment is due on Thursday" without giving the specific calendar date. You can save many hours this way.

View solution in original post