Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
c_rowat

bulk downloading Canvas 'quiz' uploads

Jump to solution

c. 300 students have uploaded 4 PDF files each for an online Canvas 'quiz'.

I want to bulk download these to mark them more efficiently.

It seems that I do not have this option in Canvas: the 'download' option doesn't exist for me under Speedgrader or elsewhere.

How do I do this?

Guesses:

[1] Canvas 24/7 support : has anyone had success getting help with this from them?  ("can't help you" is the reply we've just received, after escalating it.  This is poor customer support: Canvas has access to these files; ZIPping them to me couldn't be more than 5 min work.)
[2] Canvas API pull
[3] Third party slurper (e.g. a Chrome extension)

Any help appreciated - thanks!

Colin

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
thovey
Instructure
Instructure

@c_rowat 

At this time file submissions cannot be downloaded in New Quizzes, this has been submitted as a feature request and is currently open for conversation. You can vote on that feature request here.

Download All File Submissions for New Quizzes

You can download submissions for an assignment using this guide

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
thovey
Instructure
Instructure

@c_rowat 

At this time file submissions cannot be downloaded in New Quizzes, this has been submitted as a feature request and is currently open for conversation. You can vote on that feature request here.

Download All File Submissions for New Quizzes

You can download submissions for an assignment using this guide

0 Kudos
c_rowat

@thovey: can you mark this 'closed' rather than 'solved': the 'solution' indicated is that 'there is no solution' (although, had I set the Quiz up as an Assignment instead, I could bulk download the files).

It seems a few minutes work for someone at Instructure to pull the files and ZIP them to me.  Refusing to do this sends a very strong message about your willingness to support customers.