cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tom_gibson
Community Participant

ePub is in reverse Module order

Jump to solution

Has anyone seen this issue? When downloading the ePub of my course, it is producing it in reverse order from the order of the Modules in the course. I'm not super ePub savvy, but can't think of a reason this would be a feature. I ended up converting it to PDF using an online converter and the rearranging the pages, but it's a hefty course and will change over time so doing that more than once isn't going to be a great solution.

Thoughts?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bobby2
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @tom_gibson  Thank You for your question.

I'm not a massive epub user either. In this situation might it be easier to copy content from your course into another one?

If that's the case then here are a few guides:

I'm also wondering if the information you need might be in this guide https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12902-4152476649  

Sing out if you need a hand. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
terisaurus
Community Participant

This is also happening to me,  @tom_gibson , have you reported it to support? I will try that tonight.

For reference, my current work around is to reverse the modules in a copy of the course.. because the pages are in order within a given module. Then the ToC is at the end, which is a little weird, but the rest is in order.

Thank you for posting.

canvas61
Community Member

Same issue ...

Bobby2
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @tom_gibson  Thank You for your question.

I'm not a massive epub user either. In this situation might it be easier to copy content from your course into another one?

If that's the case then here are a few guides:

I'm also wondering if the information you need might be in this guide https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12902-4152476649  

Sing out if you need a hand. 

View solution in original post

yuyenchang
Community Participant

The course I just exported to an ePub file did not seem to export correctly. Not all the pages were included and within each module, the pages were not in correct order. However, I am not able to find a lot of resources on this topic. Has anyone else made progress in getting ePub to work the way you'd like it to?epub generating epub working offline  #offline content