exam not available to students

Jump to solution
MichaelJBradley
Community Member

I posted a midterm exam with a release time and a time limit (four hours). The students were to download a pdf containing the questions, type or handwrite their answers on the document, and submit a pdf or jpeg image of their solutions. They had succesfully followed this process throughout the semester for their weekly assignments (that did not have release times or time limits). During the window of time when the exam was available, I could download the exam by going into Student View, but my students were not able to download it. They received the unhelpful error message "There is a problem with this assessment. Please contact your instructor." I ended up having to email the test to all students outside of Canvas. Any suggestions?   

0 Likes
1 Solution
NicoletteStaley
Instructure
Instructure

Michael,
I suspect that there were no questions added to the quiz. It could be that you had entered directions to the quiz and students were able to open it, but without a question for students to answer (or upload a pdf to), that type of Error message would be displayed.

In the future, if you encounter an issue with a particular assignment, I recommend that you reach out to Canvas Support for assistance instead of Community, as they can often access the particular assignment and help you pinpoint the issue. 

How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor? 

View solution in original post