how do i duplicate an assignment including all the submissions?

Jump to solution
FargolTaba
Community Member

i want all the assignment submissions to be included in a different subject (because it was an integrated subject set and the assignments are worth marks in both PE and Science).

THis is so that I dont have to re-enter th e 180 marks from the PE assignment portal again into the Science assignment portal. Ther e must be a way.

Labels (3)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
vinoluac
Community Participant

To my knowledge that is not possible, you can duplicate an assignment by clicking the three dots and selecting duplicate, but that does not duplicate the submissions.

View solution in original post

rmartini
Community Participant

@FargolTaba - do you need the submissions (like the files students submitted with your annotated comments), or do you just need the grades in a different course site? @vinoluac is right, you won't be able to transfer the submissions/comments; but you could at least copy the grades (if that's the most important part). You should be able to export the gradebook as a CSV from the original PE assignment and use data there to import it into the Science course (assuming you have the same students). You would have to edit at least one cell in the CSV to change the assignment ID, or just copy/paste the grades from that column in the PE CSV into the equivalent column in an export of the Science gradebook (assuming you have the same students), and then import it into the Science course. Again, you would only get the grades into that course but you at least wouldn't have to do it one at a time?

View solution in original post