Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Why does the observer to do list and the student to do not match?  I can see all of my child's assigments; they cannot see any?  This is a HUGE problem.  I'm not sure if it's a setting.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-19-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am trying to add a link in an assignment to give each student access to their own slide deck in Google.  I have read the instructions, but do not get the "Submission Type" option to include my external tool.  Does anyone know what I need to do to g...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I registered because it would constantly ask em to register. I did get registered, but now i do not have acces to guides... idk what to do. help please

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-18-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hey all!  Need help finding our CSM. Thanks 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-26-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am currently creating some Master Shells in Canvas. I would like to use New Quizzes, but when it comes to embedding images in the quiz questions, the images themselves don't seem to be uploaded to the Master course files. They seem to go to some ra...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have two canvas courses that have been on my page since freshman year and have not disappeared. I have completed both courses yet they have not been removed from my canvas page. I am currently a junior.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

So with the recent release to the public of ChatGPT, not sure what it is then have a look at  https://openai.com/blog/chatgpt/At or college we have been discussing it and trying it out a bit to discover its capabilities.  The really concerning thing ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 6 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Not finding anything about how to add an attachment to a page.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When opening Canvas from my phone and computer, it automatically opens up an old course instead of my homepage or current course.  How do I prevent this from happening?  The course it opens was completed six months ago.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I go to "See All Pages" screen and click on the dots for a menu I don't have any of the options I should.  There should be delete, edit etc...but instead all I see is "send to" and "Copy".  I have some I need to change and some I need to get rid...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am enroll in 4 courses but able to see only 2 in canvas, How I can see other courses since semester start as well as assignments. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello all, So the Attendance in Canvas already has FOUR permanent buttons - Present, Absent, Tardy, and Unmarked.  I was wondering if the Canvas Tech Support team could add one more button in the Attendance that could be permanent without having me a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello, We are spinning up a new instance of Canvas as an Azure VM. We are trying to get email working with it and see two options:Spin up basic Sendmail server and use it (easier, but I think might result in more blocked mail)Route mail through our o...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have the latest version of Google Chrome, my PC meets the minimum requirements, and all my other courses are on my Dashboard. I chose the minimum amount of electives required when enrolling (i.e. three), and the first fee has already been paid for....

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i cant seem to access my zoom classes on yet I can see that there was a class on that day

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi. I am currently taking three classes this semester. When I go to the calendar, none of my classes are colored so I do not know what assignment is due when. I tried assigning a class to pink, green, and red but none of them worked. Is there a way t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-17-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Greetings:I have several classes going and have run into an anomaly.  I have a number of PDF files downloaded into the course.  Sometimes when I post links to these files they open in a window on the same page as the link, and at the top (right side)...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am enrolled in the course BAD 1, section 6944 and I do not have access to my course on Canvas. I have no way to contact my professor regarding this issue. I would like to know how I can complete my assignments.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have had some issues with syncing grades to IC. I sync and the grades move for some students and classes but not all of them. It's not any one class that has issues or one assignment, some students in the same class sync just fine and others won't ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I need to go back and change some student grades in the first quarter, which is a closed grading period now that we have begun the second quarter. Currently, all the options I need are greyed out. Is there a setting I can change to allow editin...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-20-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Trying to upload a video to my discussion. I have done this before but when I click on video it counts down and shows it being recorded then lost. I am not sure if my Canvas is full and I need to delete media? If so, how? Why does my media disappear ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-20-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to weight answers to multiple choice answers (as in BrightSpace - D2L)?To keep grade book calculations simple, I typically reward 100% correct answer and 50% for a wrong answer (which gives credit for at least attempting the quiz quest...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,It seems that my canvas is stating that my chrome is not up to date. I have checked on settings if chrome has an update but it does not. What can I do from here?Please advise at your earliest convenience. Thank you.  Michal Parsser

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I have the latest updated Chrome but Canvas still won't load. I have checked for updates, and deleted cookies, but nothing. It loads on my main PC at home which is much older than my chrome book. Anything I can do to fix issue?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am unable to get lockdown browser to work. I have updated google and it is still not working. I am getting a warning that browser is out of date. Need help!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hello,I created a genetics test using new quizzes and uploaded my .png files to each question.  I then added the questions to the question bank and added outcomes.  I then shared my test using the [send to] function in canvas.  The images are not sho...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I created a instructor dashboard as a practice before I use it for a class. I want to share this with sone one who is a user of Canvas so he can provide me some feedback.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello How can a Tutor,me, become an observer to a student? I have looked, but could not find the answer.I want to see their assignments, grades for each class. Thank you Helen Rehwalt, Edmonds School District, Edmonds, WA

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have 3 students all taking the same course but in different sections. How can I place these 3 students in a group in Canvas so that they may work together on a project for the class? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies