large box at the bottom of the page

Jump to solution
kmcgrath
Community Participant

Hi, all -

About 3 weeks ago, I started noticing a large box between the end of my content and the previous / next  buttons.  It seems to be on all types of items except pages.  The HTML ends with my actual content, so it seems to be coming from Canvas, not from my content.

I'm seeing this in Firefox, Chrome, and Safari, in all of my classes.  I don't see it in the app, but the previous/next buttons are static in the app. It's also there above the save/cancel buttons.

To the students, this looks like content is missing, which makes them really nervous in a fully online class.  Any ideas/suggestions?  Thank you!

Screenshot 2024-02-23 at 2.07.50 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-02-23 at 1.48.24 PM.png

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @kmcgrath,

I'm not seeing that in my institutions Canvas instance, so I would guess it's some kind of customization or 3rd party integration your school/institution has installed in Canvas.  I'm not familiar with the button/icon to the left of the cancel button in your screenshot, so maybe it's related to that?  Unfortunately, the users here in the Instructure community won't have access to your specific Canvas site to troubleshoot this thoroughly, but if you contact your school/institution Canvas team (usually in the eLearning / IT / Digital Education areas) and let them know what you're seeing, hopefully they'll be able to identify the issue and get if fixed up!

-Chris

View solution in original post