missing selections

Jump to solution
bizjet
Community Member

I cannot find anywhere a tab for discussion or assignments even tho there are discussions and assignments in the syllabus.  Is that something  that I, as a student, can fix?

Labels (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there, @bizjet ...

It's a common practice among many instructors at various schools that use Canvas as their LMS (Learning Management System) to hide the "Discussions" and "Assignments" course navigation links along the left-hand side of a given course.  Instead, what instructors do is use the "Modules" course navigation link to add in the discussion topics and assignment from those two areas into the "Modules" page.  The "Discussions" and "Assignments" course navigation links are hidden from you and your classmates, yet your instructor can still give you access to the things on those pages from the "Modules" page.  This *might* be how your instructor has configured things for your course.  But, since almost all Community members wouldn't have access to your course or your school's Canvas environment, we cannot see exactly how your course might be set up by your instructor.  If you contact your instructor, you can ask your instructor more about how he/she has set up the course.  How do I get help with Canvas as a student?

I hope this will be of some help to you.  Let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post