old course/ new notification?

Jump to solution
KrisValcourt
Community Member

I keep getting notifications regarding due date changes. I would agree that they definitely are something I need to know, if not for the fact that they are all regarding assignments / classes that I completed last year. Just to make sure that somehow my scores had been erased, I clicked on all of the notifications, and all of them show my scores and submission dates. So I am confused as to why I am receiving these.

0 Likes
1 Solution
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @KrisValcourt,

This is something you'll probably want to talk to your previous teacher and/or Canvas team at your school about.  It seems likely that they are leaving prior courses open for your teacher to modify, and they're probably getting things ready to teach the course again this year.  As a Canvas admin, I personally don't like this approach of doing things exactly because of the notifications prior students like you end up seeing.  There are other ways to tackle this problem for teachers, but it's really up to each school and/or teacher to figure out how they want to do this for their school.

I hope this helps explain things a bit, and hopefully if you're able to contact your school they can get you even more details and perhaps adjust their processes.

-Chris

View solution in original post