previous community achievements, badges etc all disappeared

Jump to solution
a_craik
Community Contributor

Confession: I haven't been on the community for a while. I knew the UI had changed... but I seem to have lost all the recognition in terms of badges and 'level' that I had built over the last few years. 

It took ages to level up to "teacher" status (i think that's what it was called)... now I am a "surveyor"? What's the rub?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @a_craik ...

It is my understanding that when the migration from the Jive platform to the Khoros platform (the software engines that run the Community site) happened back in August 2020, all users were reset to the same level.  Since the two platforms were different, that also meant that not everything transferred over...including achievements, badges, etc.

I was informed today that a couple folks from the Documentation Team put together a blog posting, and it was just published to the Community.  Instructure Community Rankings - Canvas Community

I hope that will be of some help to you.  If you have more questions about that blog posting, feel free to post your comment there, and I'm sure someone will respond.

View solution in original post