question

Jump to solution
TonyaOrman
Community Member

How do I set up a Canvas page (to start with). It is part of an assignment. I have a canvas page that our instructor communicates to students, but we are to set up a Canvas page ourselves. Can you help me know where to get started? Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

You're taking a professional development class. That's awesome. I teach at a community college. When the pandemic started, I had no knowledge of how to teach with Canvas. I taught myself the basics and then I dove into my district's professional development courses. 

Whenever I take a professional development course, my district always creates a "Sandbox" course for me. Sandbox courses are "development" course shells, which allow me to try out different features of Canvas, such as setting up Modules with Pages, Discussions, Quizzes, and Assignments. These Sandbox courses have no actual students enrolled in them, but i can send a URL link to the person facilitating the course. That person can then see my work.

My guess is that your professional development course is set up the same way. If so, you'll be creating your Page in your "development" course shell. Is that the case?

View solution in original post