"Grades" not showing in navigation menu on instructor side but is showing in student view

Jump to solution
jmille1
Community Member

Can anyone help?  I went into my settings for the navigation menu and "grades" is listed right after "discussion" but when I go in to my course it is not there!  I checked the "student view" and it is there in that view.  

Any ideas??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions

Hi @jmille1,

My guess is that your role in the course may not have grading permissions.  If you go to the People tab in the course, what does it list as your role?  If you let us know more about your tole, we in the community might be able to speculate a bit more, but I think this would ultimately be something to ask local support at your school/institution's eLearning/online/IT (whatever area runs Canvas).

-Chris

View solution in original post

Hi @jmille1,

i'd definitely suggest calling whatever office/person is responsible for Canvas at your institution.  In many situations an administrator is going to have to make the change themselves, or fix bad information coming to Canvas from another system which would wipe out manual changes on a regular basis even if you could make them.  I do think we've at least identified the likely cause at this point though.

-Chris

View solution in original post