Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

courses

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our institution recently moved from Moodle to Canvas.  I teach performing arts courses where the students are graded on both their attendance as well as effort and participation.  In moodle, I used a duplicate attendance "roll call" to track effort a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I am looking to share new-ish features in Canvas with my teachers for PD.  Other than the cross listings which have been around for just a year, what other new features are out there that you'd recommend?   Thanks.

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-10-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are trying to run an export of our courses but keep having deleted files show up in the IMSCC packages. Has anyone had this issue before and if so, how did you fix it?  Thanks in advance! 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

While creating the class schedule in the calendar, I notice that one can't create a class/event, having the same time and venue for each day, for multiple days of the week at once. Say, I have the same class on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday at the sam...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am new to this platform. I would like to know how to change the event details (say, time or venue etc.) which should also modify/affect all the events that follow? I find it pretty strange that such option does NOT seem to be there or I did not fin...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to use the Link Validator to check for broken links. The problem is, it shows 80+ broken links. Most of them are for pages or files that I have deleted and don't need or want them anymore. Is there a way to use the link validator that is a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a free-for-teacher account and am running out of storage space. How do I upgrade my account to get more storage? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I'm trying to create formula questions. Are there any ways to import formula questions using csv, like discussed in the below item?https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Question-Forum/Can-I-upload-a-csv-xls-or-docx-file-as-a-quiz-question-bank/td...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Looking for a solution to allow students to turn in a draft and a final paper and grade both anonymously (without seeing student names.) We have students turn in a paper, get comments and a grade and then they turn back in a rewrite of the paper. If...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-09-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our Math Department is using the OneNote Class Notebook feature pretty heavily, and the issue of Parent Access has come up. There is a way to manually create guest and parent links for each student but I want to know if, as the Canvas Admin, I can se...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Our student services department needs to pull holisitc progress reports for each student - these reports need to show each students' progress in ALL courses. Right now, as a subaccount manager and instructor in each course, I can only pull whole clas...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hice algunas grabaciones en Big Blue Button (version gratuita) y se generó el enlace sin problema para que los alumnos los vean. Sin embargo, pasaron apenas 3 días y ya lo enlaces para ver la grabación está inhabilitada. ¿Cómo puedo recuperarlas? ¿Cu...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

when completing student grading, any entered comments in the "Notes" column will not save.  They disappear if you refresh your browser or leave the grades Tab. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Bom dia,   Preciso criar um curso (disciplina) com vários subtópicos dferentes, cada um com um docente específico e materiais específicos.  Como posso fazer?   Obrigada, Cristiana Martins Translation from Google Translate: Good morning, I need to cr...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to export Rubrics from CANVAS? If not would this feature be able to be implemented. Cheers, Alex

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm doing recovery packets and there are reviews and tests I'm suppose to take in Canvas to complete the packets. Where do I find these reviews and tests?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I'm not sure how to get started on the first assignment for my Canvas Certification course. How do I get to a "sandbox" and canvas shell? Also, is there a way to save where you are in the online course. It seems I have to start all over every ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-14-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I (an instructor) have created weekly modules and for most I have a requirement where "students must move through requirements in sequential order". For one week, I have an evaluation assignment that they must complete before submitting a group proje...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

According to Canvas's 2016 production release notes, the "Course Navigation Menu no longer collapses unless it is minimized manually by a Canvas user." That makes sense because apparently new students were having trouble knowing how to start and navi...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-07-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can't log in and the message it says should appear in my email is not there.  I checked the spam.  What can I do to help me get into my account.  Thanks.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-08-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all...is there a way to LOCK the module AFTER a certain date? I know we can lock UNTIL a certain date...looking for a way to lock the module AFTER a certain date... Thank you in advance for your time...Heather 

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In the past I used some Google Apps Script in Google Forms to make a survey question with 150 answers to choose from but we are implementing Canvas this year and I'm trying to determine if I can use classic survey and somehow for a multiple dropdown ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Change Outlook Password The secret key recuperation measure must be attempted when you have failed to remember your record's secret phrase, lost it or another person has transformed it. For some of you, it very well may be a troublesome assignment to...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My school is uses Canvas for our clubs and I am one of the club presidents. Our club has its own dedicated Canvas shell and all officers are given the role of Teacher or Course Admin. We are exploring options for club voting ballots for a hybrid envi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there any way to set a module to be published at a specified time, instead of having to do it manually? I like to have the relevant modules published immediately after each class session, and it would be good to be able to set it up in advance whe...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

First off, please forgive me if this question has been answered already.  I am new to using the Canvas guides.  As an adjunct instructor I teach at more than one institution. Is it possible to copy a course created at one institution to another.  If ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-06-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

my question is the same as this one (https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Question-Forum/My-canvas-is-not-loading/m-p/171007#M78490), which does not have an answer yet my dashboard looks like this whenever I log into canvas but it successfully l...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I find this whole online instruction very confusing, although I've been teaching on canvas for three semesters now. Is there anyway I can get some guidance?   Thank you. Barbara Kinney

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies