respondus quiz maker issues

Jump to solution
SeanKim
Community Explorer

I'm trying to add feedbacks to my quizzes using respondus quiz maker, or its installer name respondus 4.0 campuswide, which has lost its license because i didn't get the new license for the new academic year (what kind of licensing is this? we have to renew every single year? ridiculous) so i'm just using the version with no license for now.

I'm using the import function and import the premade/formatted questions in plain text. 

initially it was using the cloud storage at my campus. it worked for 3 instances, it was able to upload the quiz bank using my canvas credentials on canvas. then on the 4th  quiz bank, started throwing errors about being "unable to create the file." but it can preview the questions fine. only when i click on finish it throws the unable to create error. 

but it still creates the folder for the quiz it was unable to create. if I were to delete that then it throws this error below. 

Clipboard01.png

 if i were to cancel it and close the respondus and restart and do it over by clicking on import and try to import the text questions that failed last time, i get this. 

Clipboard01.png

So I looked online, and it seems some campus do not allow write access to respondus over network. So uninstalled it and reinstalled locally and then it worked once. and then on the 5th quiz bank it started throwing the same error again. 

I gave it full write read access using the property in windows explorer and made sure my account has full access as well. I also made sure the folder it's writing to is not read only. It still throws this "unable to create document" error.

has anyone seen this issue? is it the license issue or write/read permission issue, or something else? it's absolutely maddening. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @SeanKim,

Respondus 4.0 is not an Instructure/Canvas product, bur rather a product form another company that does happen to work with Canvas (and other Learning management Systems).  Perhaps someone in the global community of Canvas users here will have some advice, but I think it may be best to reach out to Respondus support, linked on their Resources Page.  The only thing I'm not sure of is whether their support will respond if your school does not license their software anymore for whatever reason.

-Chris

View solution in original post