restrict Zoom meeting access by section

Jump to solution
cbaribault
Community Member

Dear All,

My use case appears to be entirely out of the scope of Canvas design. Please read on.

My team runs a 2-hour workshop via externally created Zoom meeting from pages in Canvas on two consecutive days every Fall and Spring semesters with each day corresponding to a separate section of attendees.

Also, I do not delete previous sections of attendees in order to provide those attendees with access to the ongoing updates to course material.

I'd like to restrict Zoom meeting access to only those in the appropriate Canvas section, which I could not currently do if I were to create the Zoom meeting within Canvas.

Otherwise, I'd like to include the Zoom meeting link in an announcement to the appropriate section to be posted on the day before as well as the day of the given meeting.

Thanks for reading.

Best,

CB

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
mzimmerman
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @cbaribault 

Zoom itself doesn't really have any concept of "course sections", and if you have Zoom integrated with Canvas and generate the Zoom meetings through the Canvas link, then the meeting times will be added to the Canvas course calendar, and are also associated with the course when students access to Zoom link in Canvas.

Your best bet is to log directly into Zoom and create two separate meetings, then manually post the meeting links in Canvas (though a section-specific announcement, most likely) so that only students in that section can see it.

View solution in original post