student canvas issues.

Jump to solution
LeahChacha
Community Member

I logged in my canvas account but it only shows the dashboard sign and there is nothing there I can't see my assignments can someone please help? the screen is just clear.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @LeahChacha ...

When you are in Canvas, do you see a "Courses" button on the far left-side navigation menu?  If so, click on that icon, and then choose "All Courses".  Once on the "All Courses" screen, do you see your course listed there anywhere?  It may not be published yet, and your instructor would need to publish the course in order for you and your classmates to get access to it.  If you do not see your course listed there, then I think you will need to reach out to your school's Online Learning / eLearning / Distance Education department at Virginia's Community Colleges to see if they can help get you enrolled in your course(s).

Also, have you tried using a different browser?  Generally speaking, using an up-to-date version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are good choices when navigating around Canvas.  You might also try clearing your browsing history/cache files.  Then, close your browser, re-start the browser, and then log back in to Canvas to see if anything has changed.

Finally, if none of these solutions are working for you, try reaching out to Canvas Support.  They might have some other ideas/suggestions for you: How do I contact Canvas Support?

I hope this will help a bit.  Let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes