Editing options in Canvas Studio

Jump to solution
CynthiaEdwards1
Community Participant

When a video is recorded, included with the editing options on the left is the option to add music and cursor preference (see screenshot 1). However, after a video is saved only the option to trim the video is available (no music or cursor options) (see screenshot 2). Is this correct or am I missing something?

Thank you in advance!

With a joyful noise,

Cindy Edwards

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @CynthiaEdwards1 ...

I think I understand what you are trying to do...but I don't have stellar news for you.  I think your process in Studio was to click the "Record" button, and then choose "Screen Capture".  You completed your screen capture using the screen capture interface, and then you uploaded that video to your Canvas Studio library.  Unfortunately, when you choose to "Edit Media" once the video is added to your library, that's not the same as being able to edit the video earlier via the screen capture interface.  I've found this out the hard way.  And, to add some more complexity to the issue, you must be on the same computer if you want to do any online edits to the video (before it is uploaded to your Studio library).  Once the video is uploaded to your Studio library, it's no longer editable via the screen capture interface.  Yes, there are other tools lvia the "Edit Media" option, but that is different.

Screenshot 2023-10-16 173926.png

After recording your video, if you were to click on the "Edit" button on the bottom right corner of the screen (below the green "Upload" button), then there would be a bunch of online editing options available to you where you could further edit your video before uploading it to your Studio library.  But, if you were wanting to work on the video over multiple days, again, you'd need to do it from the same computer.  However, the strange thing is that you'd have to start a brand new recording (just for a few seconds), and then get back to a screen like this.  Then, rather than clicking on the "Edit" button, you would instead click on the "Back to Video Projects" button/link at the top left corner of the screen (as shown above).  This will take you to your video projects that you're currently working on.  You might have something that looks like this:

Screenshot 2023-10-16 174506.png

So, you're not really missing anything.  The interfaces are different depending on when you are actually editing the video prior to uploading it to your Studio library and after it has been added to your Studio library.

I have a Feature Idea somewhere here in the Community on how clunky it is to access videos this way...and if I find the link, I'll be sure to post it here.

Hope this helps in some way.

View solution in original post