Media in my Studio won't open/playback

Jump to solution
SamiSherman
Community Member

I recorded a presentation using screen capture and it said the upload was successful. However, when I try to view it all I get is a black screen with the Studio Icon on it. I needed to upload this into a discussion and in the discussion post it is only showing a black screen with the studio icon on it.  Also when I go under My Library, where my media file is it just shows the title of my file with the 3 Loading dots flashing across it. I don't know what to do. Is my presentation lost?

0 Likes
1 Solution
NoahBoswell
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi, @SamiSherman !
Thanks for reaching out on the Instructure Community.

I'm sorry that you're having a hard time with Studio. Sometimes this can occur due to multiple things, including the video is still processing, the file you attempted to upload become unsupported, or it exceeds a certain limit if there are any. If you were using the screen capture inside of studio, it's likely there could have been a fail somewhere in that system to that you wouldn't be able to control.

If you haven't already done so, I recommend deleting that media, and retrying. I apologize if that is time consuming.

Something else that may work for you is just screen recording it on your computer and then uploading it from your files, or even putting it as an unlisted YouTube video and then adding that link to Studio, if allowed by your institution. Those should be a couple other solutions, too.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns, I'm here to help!

All the best,

Noah

View solution in original post