Recordings stop prematurely

Jump to solution
KimParrish
Community Novice

Has anyone else had issues with Canvas studio just arbitrarily stopping a recording in the middle of a video? I've had this happen on multiple occasions now--sometimes it stops at about the 40 minute mark; today it was the 20 minute mark. Then, other times I can record for an hour with no problem. I've tried closing and reopening my browser, restarting my computer and nothing seems to help. It's incredibly frustrating to lose so much time re-recording the same video 5 times over, or having to shorten it down into 5 super short videos just to get them to work. Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution
greydon
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @KimParrish 

Thank you for contacting the Instructure Community. We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with recording on Studio. Since you are recording video that is fully reliant on your connection, device, and browser working without issues they can occasionally come up. You mentioned a few trouble shooting steps you've take. Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies? I'd do that next. Have you tried recording on a different network or browser or even device? Sometimes, the issues that could cause a hiccup are really difficult to determine. Typically, it's going to be a browser or network issue. I'd try some of those options. 

View solution in original post