Studio Media Options panel will not close when Display Text Link is marked.

Jump to solution
Seangt
Community Explorer

We're trying to figure out how to translate our design standards, and we really like having both a text link that opens in a new window, and the embedded video option for students. 

I thought that was impossible while maintaining the insights & grading features, but I was excited to see that when you click the embedded video in the editor, you get "Studio Media Options" and this panel has a "Display Text Link" option that works! 

However, as soon as you click "Done" on the panel, the video turns to a text link, but the panel will not close, so you cannot save the Canvas page with your video link. 

Using Chrome's inspect feature, I was able to turn off the panel and click Save. 

I tested this with the Studio Insights and I know they still work with the link, so we'd like to use this, but this bug should be squashed 🙂

example: https://wccnet-sandbox.instructuremedia.com/embed/35ac2195-d5d9-402e-a775-ce6d93c4207b

(also attached same video in case link stops working)

0 Likes
1 Solution

@Seangt ...

ok.  So, posting here in the Community is different than reporting a possible bug to Instructure.  I'd recommend that you reach out to Canvas Support to get a ticket created.  That way, the folks at Instructure can either add you to any similar existing tickets or create a new ticket for this possible issue...and then you'll be updated if/when anything new develops.  You should be able to contact Canvas Help by following the information in this Guide:

How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post