Videos in Studio

Jump to solution
Bomber1229
Community Member

I recorded a video in Studio and added it to a "Page". When I go back to Studio, the video isn't there. How do I find it? Why is it missing? Is there a way I can download from the "page"?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
cstrikwerda
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @Bomber1229 
Thanks for posting in the community.

I understand that you recorded a video in Studio, and embedded that video to a page, and you are not seeing the video inside Studio anymore. When you record as a Teacher inside a Course, this should make you the owner of the video, and that should show inside your Studio account under All Videos. When embedded to a Course Page, it adds it underneath that Course Title in Studio.

Embedding a Studio Video within Canvas (guide)

When embedding media in Canvas, the download option is disabled by default, but you can choose to enable the download option when embedding the video. So with this, you could try to re-embed, and select the download option when embedding.

However, it seems we are not able to see the video at all even when trying to re-embed, which sounds strange. If that is the case, I would suggest to reach out to Canvas Support to troubleshoot this further as we could be seeing a situation with the amount of videos inside the Studio account.

Please reach out to Canvas Support in this regard as they would be glad to look into this for you.
https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Basics-Guide/How-do-I-contact-Canvas-Support/ta-p/389767

View solution in original post