Can we go back to the previous Discussion Board look/feel please?

jng12926
Community Novice

Hello! I am a current graduate student who also happens to be an instructor. I have used Canvas for many many years at several institutions and have always found it to be user-intuitive and a joy to use. I was surprised when I logged in for my Fall classes after a few weeks off to see that the discussion board experience has completely changed. It is terrible and my entire class is complaining about it. What used to be so intuitive and easy to use is now clunky and time consuming. We are unable to see posts and replies without several extemporaneous (and completely unnecessary) clicks. I cannot imagine that focus groups of student users preferred this format over the old. For example, I have been trying to work on discussion board responses for over an hour where as before I would click "reply" and be on my way. No longer can we see the entire thread on one screen without clicking several links.

Please reconsider this design with the needs of your student users in mind. This is a true example of "fixing" something that was not broken!