Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assignment Rubric auto-save

Assignment Rubric auto-save

0 Kudos
(5)
This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

Several times I have been working on an assignment rubric, then switch back to the assignment to add some detail or make some other edit. I do this, of course, without thinking about the fact that rubric is a separate thing from the assignment and that I must save it before editing the assignment, destroyed all of the changes I'd made to the rubric. 

A prompt box to save the rubric before it lets you navigate away would be one solution, or having an auto-save feature so that your work is not lost for good is another. 

6 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@ellisonl15 

Thanks for sharing this idea. As it moves forward for broader discussion, I'll include a link to Auto Save Rubrics or Give Save Warning to confirm the understanding that these are two different requests—this one is for the process of creating a rubric, and the other is directed at how rubrics are used in grading.

JenniferHoran

I wanted to make a correction to my rubrics this morning and here is what happened:

I created a master rubric within my assignment and which appeared in the Canvas tools on left hand side of Canvas.  I deleted the rubric in the assignment in order to make some changes, thinking it would remain in the tools.  However, this was not the case.  Could a rubric be created independently from assignments to avoid this double deletion?

CarolineHobbs

Just chiming in to say that we had a faculty member lose a bunch of work on a rubric this morning because of this interface as well. A pop-up warning or autosave would be very useful!

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: On Beta
  Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the Canvas Deploy Notes (2022-08-03)

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed
Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the Canvas Deploy Notes (2022-08-03)