Top Navigation menu under construction from 9:30am to 4:30pm MDT. For more information or tips for finding Community content, click here.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calendar Sign Up Option for Students from Student App

Calendar Sign Up Option for Students from Student App

(7)

Students use their phones for everything.  One thing I love about Canvas is the student app but they cannot sign up for appointments on the calendar through the app.  Adding this option would make this feature run smoothly for faculty members who use this feature several times throughout the semester.  I am not even including my advising load!

13 Comments
RobDitto
Community Champion

Voted! Thanks,  @misimmo1  for submitting this idea; a version of this same idea was recently archived.  I'm sharing this with Canvas Mobile Users Group‌.

sevanbramer
Community Member

Yes this is important.  I just found several students who could not find this feature on the app and so they did not schedule an appointment with me - even though they really needed help.  Small barriers stop some of them in their tracks.  often students who need the most help.

claire_obrien
Community Participant

It would also be great if staff could have the calendar feature on the staff app as it would be very handy to keep up to date with student meetings and tutorials when running between lectures!

RobDitto
Community Champion

@claire_obrien  great comment! Out of curiosity, do your staff use the Canvas Teacher app, or a different mobile app?

claire_obrien
Community Participant

@RobDitto  some staff use it but it is a limited number. The feedback I have received from staff is that the functions on the app aren't particularly relevant to what they would need it for but this new feature would make it a lot more useful.

siren_vegusdal
Community Member

Yes, this is important. We use this feature a lot these days! And we do have many questions from students because it does not work on their mobile apps. 

claus_wang
Community Member

This is great - want this feature!

apondi_olum
Community Member

This feature would be great! A huge percentage of our students are using the Canvas app. 

sveinon
Community Member

This is not only a good idea for implementation. It is really to ask that a feature that should already be working, should actually work.

Oakamberd
Community Member

I don’t have access to my computer right now and I wanted to reserve an office hours appointment with my teacher on my phone, but I can’t.

Community Member
The app needs to be more robust. Students have to through a non-Google webpage to sign-up for appointments with teachers. It would be great if they could do that directly from the app.
Jrh120580
Community Member

The student calendar is read-only on iOS and only supports adding calendar events on Android, therefore students can't sign up for events on either platform via the Canvas app.  Please implement a feature where students can sign up for appointments via mobile apps.

chike424
Community Member

This feature will be great for the app.