Gradebook Total

0 Likes

For teachers who base their semesters on an average of quarter grades, they are unable to view the totals for the semester when viewing all grading periods in the gradebook.

A total column to show the final semester averaged grade would be helpful in Canvas, as is available in the SIS.

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

4 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

@lscott  Thanks for sharing this idea. Would you check out the advice I gave to the author of  Weighted Grading Periods Totals? I recognize that the linked idea is only somewhat related, but not quite the same, so if your CSM and SIS rep are not able to resolve it, please let us know. Of course, if you've already confirmed with them that this needs a feature idea, we'd be happy to move it forward.

Naomi
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @lscott,

I just wanted to check on the status of your idea. Did the resource Stefanie mentioned help answer your questions about functionality?

Naomi

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @lscott -

I'm checking in and hope you are doing well!

We know life can get busy, yet if we don't hear from you by March 4, we will archive this thread so we can better focus on current requests.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived