Integrate Polls for Canvas Mobile App with Desktop Version of Canvas

(1)
I would like to see the Canvas Mobile App integrated with Canvas on the web by adding the ability to create, launch, take, and view polls from within the browser version.

See also:

Add functionality to publish poll results in browser-version of Canvas container

Integrate Canvas Polls with Gradebook

Allow polls to move with course content, rather than instructor

28 Comments
mtw56
Community Member

Are there still current plans to integrate the Polling app with desktop version of Canvas? At least a way to export answers in to an assignment, etc. 

hoovenl
Community Novice

I'm really looking forward to this feature and would like an update on when it will move to the next stage.  It looks like other products can fill this void, but it would be so much better if I could just do this on Canvas. I can't remember which one of the polling apps on this page ( 4 Free Polling Tools to Keep Students Engaged ) provided the ability to let users click on a map of the US or World to show location, that would be cool.

sdodel
Community Novice

Please get this done soon! The request to integrate the Canvas poll app with the Canvas desktop version has been around since 2015! Classroom response systems are getting more and more popular with instructors and not being able to show the responses in the desktop version renders the Canvas poll app almost useless.

I understand that the members of the technical development team probably have a lot on their plate, but it would be great to have this functionality soon!

MikeM
Community Participant

Also patiently waiting for the canvas polls app to become integrated into canvas. Thank you for working on this. Any updates on progress would be appreciated. Thank you!

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

The Radar idea stage has been removed from the Feature Idea Process.  You can read more about why in the blog post Adaptation: Feature Idea Process Changes.

This change will only impact the stage sort of this idea and will not change how it is voted on or how it is considered during prioritization activities.  This change will streamline the list of ideas 'open for voting', making it easier for you to see the true top voted ideas in one sort, here.

msequeira
Community Member

Definitely needs polls to tell me how many students responded and how many chose each option. Also please integrate with desktop version. With students having to learn so many new apps and a new LMS system, my asking them to add another app to their phone may be skewing the results.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thanks to everyone who has commented upon and added their rating to this conversation. The Canvas Polls app will be deprecated and removed from their respective app stores on January 6, 2021. Please read through Upcoming Canvas Changes - Canvas Community for details.

In light of this, we've archived the idea.