Quiz: Change stimuli but keep same questions

0 Likes
(2)

I want to use the same questions but address a different stimuli to prevent cheating on a quiz. A basic example would be having three questions regarding a graph, but have multiple graphs as options for students. This way the students only have to interpret one graph, but still have to answer the same questions as others thus addressing the same skills.

Currently, I think the easiest way this can be done is creating an option to change the stimulus for a question bank. Another option could be having the option of choosing between question banks.

I assume this has been discussed before, but I searched and gave up (I blame toddlers and covid). Thank you for any help you can provide.

4 Comments
ctitmus
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

RobDitto
Community Champion

Rated 5 stars! @ScottZitnik, as our faculty have become more conversant with exam design and item authoring in New Quizzes, several of them have suggested variations or hierarchy for content within a stimulus.

Steven_S
Community Champion

I like this idea, but it will need a way to address different answers to those questions using the different stimulus.  With an essay style question, all that is needed is for the correct stimulus to display to the grader.  But for all auto-graded questions, the question set would need to be matched to the stimulus (even if the questions were identical) so that correct answers could be identified. 

To link questions to banked stimuli you might like: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Idea-Conversations/Attached-questions-stay-fixed-to-stimulus-in-i...

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.