cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smedshammerm
Community Contributor

Publisher Icon Appears by Default?

Jump to solution

After working with a publisher to install their integration, an icon now appears by default in the rich content editor linking to publisher's material. How can I change the default so the icon only appears for people who use that publisher? Thank you for any guidance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tdelillo
Community Champion

We installed a publisher integration about a year ago that added a button to the RCE. They told me I couldn't hide it at all, let alone for a subset of users. I think the only way to have it appear only to people who use that publisher is to uninstall at the account level, and install in individual courses.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
tdelillo
Community Champion

We installed a publisher integration about a year ago that added a button to the RCE. They told me I couldn't hide it at all, let alone for a subset of users. I think the only way to have it appear only to people who use that publisher is to uninstall at the account level, and install in individual courses.

View solution in original post

smedshammerm
Community Contributor

Thank you, Tracey. I was afraid of that. Ugh! Part of what I like about Canvas is its simplicity. Adding buttons in the editor mucks that up. I will follow up with the publisher.

abunag
Community Champion

this is also a good use of subaccounts.  For example, our Business school requested a certain LTI, so we only installed it in the Business school's subaccount.

Alternately, create a repository of "how to install an LTI", and point users to that repository so they can install what they want in their course.

smedshammerm
Community Contributor

Good suggestion, Anthony. By chance, do you have a good "how to install an LTI" handout that you use with faculty? 

abunag
Community Champion

Unfortunately not.  Our administration actually doesn't want the faculty installing them themselves, as it becomes cumbersome to track all of them and it causes further tickets to help desk.  So they get me or the Instructional Design team to install them instead.