Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi all, I have a student who has accidentally dropped the course. While we are struggling with re-adding her, I wanted to give her access to the canvas site again, but her name is not on my people list (to re-set her as active). When I attempted to r...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-16-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

When editing the heading and/or content of a Page, Canvas is duplicating that heading/content and replacing a different Page in the same Course but different Module with that same content. I cannot edit the content back to its original because it the...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am new to Canvas and am looking to build-out around 40 courses. I would like to use a Blueprint in order to ensure the same layout/brand-consistency page-to-page and course-to-course (School Header/Footer, etc). These courses will all be different ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

There has been a change in how "unread" applies to a message.When an inbox message is clicked on, the button should change from blue to white, meaning it should be marked as "read". Then I can change or mark it "unread" if needed. Now, this does not ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-28-2023 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 12 Replies

My professor gave us an assignment to do, watch a youtube video through a link on the assignment and then answer the questions. First, the video did not work in the window on Canvas which was fine, I went to YouTube with the link and watched it. But ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi in my canvas my government class does not appear I am not able to look at files that I have been sent and I have a test coming up and really need it .

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-05-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've received a request/question from an instructor about quiz submissions made by students. Are students allowed to see the responses they've submitted to quizzes that are set to be manually graded? They don't need to be able to make changes to them...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a student and accidentally submitted a student survey. Meant for my English dual credit class for my Anatomy and Physiology class, and I can't find where to unsubmit or edit my student survey. So how can I unsubmit or edit a student survey respo...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I accidentally submitted my midterm too soon and I cant go back. I was typing my essay and finished it early by accident. Can yall open it back up and I edit it or do I have to retake the entire midterm?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I love using the Outcomes feature with Canvas quizzes- but how do I give a quiz on paper and then add the data to the student's Outcomes?For example, I'm giving a punctuation quiz on paper. I want to note the outcomes for each student on Canvas. How ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-13-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have created a Home page which is a resource for faculty. On this page there are several icons I made w/the icon maker tool. I cannot figure out how to space the icons out evenly so they are not right next to each other. Do I need to add padding or...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-17-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My Canvas is not populated with any of the courses I have registered for. How do I access course material?! Thank you

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We noticed that in some courses suddenly the profile pictures of students are missing in Attendance view (they are still visible in Course menu - Persons). These pictures were previously visible.Is this something changed in a release, or is this a se...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-22-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to add a user who can view course material for all the courses but not change anything. Can anyone please help with this?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am an instructor using the Free for Teachers account and I have looked high and low for a way to change what is displayed in the students' "Name" field. For instance, some students, when signing up for Canvas, only provided their email address. Con...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I restrict the assignment 'available from' date, students can no longer see any of the assignment details at all. All they can see is the assignment name and a message that says 'This assignment is locked until [date] at [time]'. Is there any wa...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-13-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My child graduated from High School last school year.  Yet I keep receiving Canvas email notifications about the school and I cannot figure out how to remove completely my Parent Observer account.  I've reached out multiple times but have yet to rece...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-09-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I keep getting emails I cannot stop, with no discernible way to unsubscribe.  The only note at bottom of email states "You are receiving this email because you are a member of VikingEngagement."  I cannot figure out anywhere in Canvas how to remove m...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-02-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm having trouble importing CSV files from Google Classroom to Canvas. The header format that is required by Canvas is way different than the one GC produces. Long story, short, I cannot import any grades. I need help, y'all! I need a solution. Than...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The feature I loved most about the "Classic" Quiz was the ability to use short quizzes and isolate on students who missed certain questions via the "View Question Breakdown" (see attached).  Am I missing this in the New Quiz function?  As a formative...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-09-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I need to find the correct Global CSS to hide the new external link icon that was updated within the 9-28-22 release. I have tried the code below, but it removes the entire link and not just the icon. Any help would be appreciated.  a.external {displ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I know there is a walkthrough for Canvas Catalog. I am not using Canvas Catalog. I need to ensure only email address from specific institutions are able to be added to a course.  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-17-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I create a PowerPoint video (by converting a PowerPoint into an MP4 under the files section of PowerPoint), the audio is fine when uploaded to YouTube or listened to in Windows (or another viewer). However, when I upload my PowerPoint videos to ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do I communicate to the Canvas design staff to suggest a feature that I would find useful as an instructor? (What I want to be able to do is to post video comments on assignments, and not have students see the comments till the grade is posted. I...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-04-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have been trying to embed a YouTube video as a Canvas page and I have no "Embed" option.  Under "Upload Media" there are only two options instead of three (Computer, Record, ?)  Where did my "Embed" button go?  And how can I get it back?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Does anyone know if Canvas supports a pointer system, like PowerPoint? I suffer from RSI and this would be an invaluable tool.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Why whole canvas platform is noindex unable to find courses and stuff on the platform using google?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have been using the Attendance tool for our practical sessions. We have around 130 students in a course.Their seating chart was set up at the start of the semester. However, since last week, the tool displays the option to change the amount of ren...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-14-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

why is my canvas dashboard not displaying any conent?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies