cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joyrose
Community Member

turnitin.com

All of students' submissions on a recent assignment have the following message:  This file is still being processed by the plagiarism detection tool associated with the assignment. Please check back later to see the score.

I click the "resubmit" button but nothing happens to push them through the plagarism detection tool, Turnitin.com.

Is there something I need to do on my end to push this through?

Labels (1)
17 Replies
Maryna_Dibrova
Community Participant

Hi @rdudley1 ,

I am sorry that you faced issues with submissions. Your browser preferences could be the reason. In such cases, you may try a different browser for better results or update the browser you are currently using. If you’re still experiencing issues, check out our support center forums here: https://supportcenter.turnitin.com/s/ and raise a support ticket. You can also reach out to our Support Team directly at tiisupport@turnitin.com

jane_haladay
Community Participant

HI there: I stepped away from this for a few days, so it hasn't been resolved. I plan on working with my IT folks this week to resolve this and will post a reply about what I find out.

Nancy_Webb_CCSF
Community Champion

We use the Simcheck, a Turnitin tool, with Canvas Plagiarism Framework.  Getting the same message on 5/13, file still being processed after 3 days.  The Turnitin status page https://turnitin.statuspage.io/ doesn't show any problems in the US.  I wish there were a resubmit button, but there's not. We have contacted Turnitin support but so far haven't heard back.

Hi Nancy,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry you had trouble uploading your assignment. Were you able to solve the issue? 

Did you try a different browser for better results or did you update the browser you are currently using? You can also reach out to our Support Team directly at tiisupport@turnitin.com to check the status of your support ticket.

If you have any other questions or still experience the issue, please let me know. I will do my best to assist you.

Hi @Maryna_Dibrova, it's the same in all browsers, clearing cache, starting from a fresh browser with no cookies or cache.  The teacher emailed turnitin support, I haven't seen a response in several days.

Hi @Nancy_Webb_CCSF,

I have double-checked everything with our Support Team and was informed that they are waiting for some additional details from you. Please let me know in case you still have any questions. I will be glad to assist you 🙂 

Hi @Maryna_Dibrova ,

Thanks for checking in with me.  A week later when I checked, all the scores were there.  Even though no errors were indicated on the Turnitin Status page, I believe there was an error.  It shouldn't take days for the report to be created.

I discovered this problem while helping a teacher on 5/13/21 who had a different issue, the submissions were never even sent to Turnitin.  The reply from Turnitin support some while later was that it was going to be escalated to L2, but that they were very backed up with support requests so not to expect an immediate solution.  Yes I imagine so!  A number of different issues have arisen.

When it works, it works very well and it does mostly succeed.  

Thank you, Nancy, for your clarification. You are right. The report is created much quicker 🙂 We are very grateful for your feedback and for notifying us about the error. Many requests received by our Support Team refer to issues on the side of our partners. To speed up the process, I recommend contacting both Canvas and Turnitin to double-check everything at once.

There is a clear workflow on how a submission is sent to Turnitin. Unfortunately, the factors that contribute to each case when submissions don’t go through or are processed for a long time are varied. They may be caused by some drop-in submission events on either side (Canvas or Turnitin), known issues, recent releases by Canvas, etc. Thus, each case should be investigated individually by Canvas (as the primary system) and Turnitin (as the third-party provider). 

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me. I will do my best to help you.