Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Every time I have a meeting with parents and students in Canvas's BBB conferences, I have to ask them to up their resolution since it looks really bad. Is there any way to set the defaults to "high definition" for the entire system? (instead of havin...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-06-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

A student's Similarity Score for plagiarism is 52.73%. It suggests two source options: www.thinkswap.com and www.coursehero.com. However, when I click on Compare, I get the following for both: 'The source you are trying to view has been updated and d...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-05-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Since the new "live Class" link went to effect I have not been able to log in to class zoom meetings , I read the article and try doing all the suggested things to make it work and still nothing. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-04-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having challenges with my gradebook for a course.  I have an assignment that is not due for another 5 weeks, but it is showing up in the gradebook as a zero points score, which is taking most of my student's grades to a C or lower.  I have tried...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-09-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My role: Teacher As of approximately two weeks ago, it is harder for a student to see video feedback in their gradebook on Canvas. The video used to be embedded right in the gradebook page, and now it requires that the student go into the actual assi...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-07-2023 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am using cidilabs to create a page banner that includes an image.  When loading, the page banner and title load first and then the banner resizes to add the image and appears to jump.  Is there any way around this issue?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-06-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all,According to a Guide page, "Disabling a course navigation link creates the following redirects:Hidden only (cannot be disabled but still accessible via direct URL): Discussions and GradesPage disabled; redirected to Home page: Announcements, A...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Soy estudiante y entro a canvas pero no aparecen los módulos de las clases.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi there, We use sections obviously to segment student cohorts on Canvas. These sections/cohorts have the same teacher. We've enrolled the teacher to the course and allowed them to view any student in any section. The teacher can view, find and commu...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I limt the number of answers a student can select in a specific multiple answer question? For example in a multiple answer question with only two correct answers I would like to force the student to choose exctly two answers, or, as a second ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is it possible as a student to save your progress when doing a quiz?If so, how is this done?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Everytime I go to log in it says Taking you to your organizations page. Then this comes up.webpage at https://fs.ecu.edu/adfs/ls/?client-request-id=2ad1f3d2-74e6-4bf3-8214-905a6f1e8611&wa=wsignin1.0&wtrealm=urn%3afederation%3aMicrosoftOnline&wctx=Log...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,User role: AdminWe're looking for a way to be notified when a student completes an entire course, rather than being notified that there is a single quiz to be marked or an assignment submission. An alternative could be being notified when a "Co...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm unable to see my teacher's feedback on a PDF I submitted. I can see her graded rubric and the chat on the side but there is no link that should be attached which would include her specific comments.  I think this is an issue only on my end becaus...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

I published the first module of my class. I go into student view. It says no modules have been defined for the class. I then try to go into each section in the module in student view, and it tells me it hasn't been unlocked yet. Well, I didn't lock t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-05-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

At the beginning of my collegiate career, Canvas asked if there were any other names--besides my birth name--that I went by, so I entered my childhood nickname. I did not realize that this was the name Canvas would choose to call me for the rest of m...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-03-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I hope someone could help me with suggestion on how to import letter grades from A to F into the grade book. I do not want the grade book to assign letter grades. Instead, I would like it to display the letter grades in a column/assignment that I ent...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello,We have several Kaltura videos posted on a single Canvas page. They use the transcripts feature in Kaltura.I am adding other elements below the Kaltura videos, but there's a largeish white space after the videos.I found this note saying that th...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-11-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello, I am a student. It seems that some of my assignments have failed to submit even though I clicked submit. Currently, my teacher does not know how to prove that I finished my work on time.So now when I check the assignments, It does not even app...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Canvas community,I have a question about Parent Observer accounts as a Canvas admin.  We have the Zoom tab visible on the side navigation for all of our courses.  We also have a homepage that links teachers/students to the Zoom tab.  How do I remo...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Will all members of the group be aware that the assignment was submitted by the one member of the group?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is it possible, with the FREE version of Canvas, to only have one standard enrolment login, that could be given out to multiple external users, which they could then login to do an online quiz?The back story is that we are a local council.  We have c...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My canvas page is  zoomed out and has become impossible to navigate. How can I overcome this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-02-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

So I have always clicked on “grades” and they show up on the screen - for each of the modules.  I am now clicking on it - and the page is blank. When I go back to students, they are all there, the modules are there etc.  but the grades page is blank....

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-02-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to run an html script for a countdown on a course page, but every time I save, the script is gone; I'm assuming Canvas doesn't want scripts running and it's just wiping out anything between script and \script; is that right? If it isn't ri...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-01-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to grade two subjects in one Canvas course?I currently teach two subjects - math and science. I have only one Canvas page for all of my students. Is it possible for me to grade both math assignments and science assignments on this one ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I have several students in the same course that are experiencing this phenomenon where they are being told the next page in the module is locked even though they have completed all the prerequisites. There are no dates for waiting to open the pages o...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I want to allow a student to take a quiz late, after the original "until" date has passed.  I see on the "Moderate Quiz" window that I select "Manually unlock the quiz for next attempt".  However, does this override the fact that the "until" date has...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-31-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hi,I can't share an item bank in New QuizzesWhen searching for teachers in the "shared with" field, no suggestions for people appear Several teachers experience the same error.Teachers have previously shared item banks, but not anymore.I have followe...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-04-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Students have have submitted an assignment for peer review with a rubric attached, and they have provided feedback using the rubric. In instructor view, I can toggle between the peer reviewers to see the feedback provided on the rubric, but my studen...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies