cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jperkins
Instructure
Instructure

Flipping Woodshop

Skills based technical training programs and online learning are not mutually exclusive ideas. Learn how “flipping” a Woodshop course increases hands on time, safety, and student-teacher interaction. Just because you can use a table saw doesn’t mean you can’t use a computer.

Presenter: ​Jeremy Perkins - Instructure

Location Map & Room: SILVERADO 1

I've attached my presentation, and I will embed the video recording when that will happen. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Login to "Add a comment" below!

8 Replies
silversn
Community Participant

Jeremy,

I am not going to be able to attend your session because I am going to be presenting in the same time frame. I teach Tech/Industrial Ed at New Trier High School and I would love to meet up and talk about this a little... If you are willing to.

Nathan Silvers

jperkins
Instructure
Instructure

Absolutely. Just let me know when you'd like to meet. I'll be up all three days. Tuesday and Thursday presenting, Wednesday as a volunteer. Evenings probably will be better, but just let me know!

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

All of our welding courses are flipped with Canvas! 🙂

They do the book work, watch skills videos, and do assignments outside of class in Canvas and then in class focus on the hands skills and discussion about what they're doing and why, etc.

silversn
Community Participant

Jeremy,

Maybe we can run into each other at the meet and greet today?

Nate

mouldera
Community Participant

This is what we are working towards for all of our School of Applied Technology courses. Is your welding CBE or credit hour?

CommunityTeam
Community Participant

The session video is now available at:

espinosa_oj
Community Member

Jeremy,

Great video. I work in the Fire Service and your presentation give me many ideas on how to deliver and measure technical training. In your woodshop presentation you talked about the videos students have to watch. Are these videos created by you?

Thanks,

Oscar

jperkins
Instructure
Instructure

Most are things that I found on youtube. Some were created by me. Really any video that you have could be added (as long as you are staying with copyrights, etc...).