cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
f000f2p
Community Member

Harvesting and Analyzing Students Generated Data in Canvas to Inform Web-Based Course Design as Enrichment to F2F Teaching

This session demonstrates ways to leverage user-generated data in Canvas to address the efficacy of the LMS, and possible methods to integrate course contents into users’ activity data to further examine student engagement and Canvas course design. Participants will also learn about the novel ways that Dartmouth has approached learning analytics.

Presenter: Jing Qi​ - Dartmouth College

Location Map & Room: KOKOPELLI 3

Login to "Add a comment" below!

4 Replies
sabsmith
Explorer II

I wasn't able to attend this session. Can you please post the materials here? I'm excited to learn more.

Thanks!

f000f2p
Community Member

We wrote a ruby script to harvest the discussion data via API, the Instructure Data Service may allow you to gather the data without involving much scripting/debugging work. Let me know if you are interested in using our script.

f000f2p
Community Member

The powerpoint is attached http://sites.dartmouth.edu/learninganalytics/files/2015/04/LeveragingCanvasData1.pdf

Please let me know if you want to know more.

kschneider25
Adventurer

If you would like to watch this video then you can find it here -Harvesting and Analyzing Students Generated Data - YouTube .