Do families need to have a Guest Pass for InstCon 2017?

Jump to solution
mjennings
Community Contributor

My big questions is the cost of three guest passes for my wife and 2 boys to tag along with me would be almost $1200, not to mention the out of pocket additional cost of flights and transportation that would (rightfully) not be reimbursed by my institution. seems high for the seven meals and event access. So I was wondering if anyone from the conference last year could advise me on if there are other places that they can eat that are accessible and can they still enjoy some of the resort activities with out the guest pass or is it set up that I would pretty much have to get the guest pass for them to not be miserable? 

1 Solution
jburrell
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi Matthew!

I wanted to jump in and add some input here to help.  We certainly want you to bring your family as Keystone is an amazing place so why not get in some learning and some vacation at the same time Smiley Happy .  As the gals mentioned there are tons of stuff for the kids to do- all the adventure equipment is bought out by Instructure and you and your families are more than welcome to use it.  We will also be advertising (with Keystone) a kids Science Camp so please stay tuned for more info about that!  As far as the receptions and kids go the ladies also shared some great advice.  We don't mind children coming and they do not need a guest pass but please be respectful of the fact that the food is for the paid conference attendees.  I know kids don't eat a ton (I have two small ones myself) but it does add up and we have to pay for our meals per head!  There are tons of restaurants in the area as well as the condos allow for cooking meals.  Hope that helps and we look forward to seeing you in July!

View solution in original post